Re: 2.43 GHz "Mavin Filters" -- Network Analysis

"Frederick M. Spinner" wrote:

> I received the filters last night.
>
> I took one of them into work, and swept it over lunchtime on a HP
> Network Analyzer.  They look pretty good for what they are.
>
> The interesting thing is that since the boards are on standard teflon
> board, we can reverse engineer/scale these units to other frequencies.
>
> Marker one is minimum IL (approx. center of passband).
> Marker 2&3 are -3dB from marker one.
> Marker 4&5 are -10 dB from marker one.
>
> To access the plots, either go through my "domain reflector"
> http://www.w0fms.org or directly to the page:
>
> http://members.home.net/fspinner/W0FMS/SFP
>
> Fred W0FMS

As we say at work fred , "such a deal ! "

Nice work on the plots , my IFR at work won't do that kind of stuff , just a
nice green display on a crt :^}

Seems that they are consistent though , let me know how your "stretching" job
goes on 'em , and if you can get them to go down .....

I was even thinking of somehow installing a mmic inside and have that be my
preamp for my drake converter .....

Never done that kind of thing before and the nice part is all the parts I have
are cheap , so I don't care if I mess 'em up ;^)

Oh well , neat stuff to play with .

--
Douglas Cole   N7BFS
AMSAT#26182 , K2 # 544