Re: Q-Par positioner (was Re: Free Microwave Calculator)

 Clifford Buttschardt writes:

> A source of at least 4000 bit shaft encoders is badly needed.  We
> could adapt simple PIC or A/D electronics from that point.

Are they that rare ? I took a look in the (paper) catalog of a large UK
components company and there seem to be several contenders (if their "ppr"
number means "pulses per rotation").

I haven't checked this via the web but if anyone else wants to then the
component company web site is at <http://rswww.com> and possible contenders
for this item (with 4096 ppr) are part numbers 304-9991 and -9979
(manufacturer is Baumer Electric)

73
Richard W L Limebear G3RWL
g3rwl@amsat.org