Re: Antennas on the bird

 "Gary \"Joe\" Mayfield" writes:

> I was under the impression 2 meter telemetry stopped AFTER the burn was
> complete.  Is this correct?

Someone gave that data; it is correct. But who's to say the exact instant
that a flexed piece of metal will finally give in to dynamic forces; I still
feel this is a possibility. I've only seen documentaries about mechanical
resonance, I haven't studied it and, hey, maybe the resonance model we got
for the flight (that we tested for) wasn't *quite* on the button. Different
lengths resonate at different mechanical frequencies and that could be why
some pieces came off and others didn't.

I was hoping for a mechanical expert to come up and shoot my theory down; it
wouldn't upset me - I *like* facts. There's still time though.

73
Richard W L Limebear G3RWL
g3rwl@amsat.org
FOC # 1188