Re: Best PC Soundcard Telemetry decoder?

The sound card in my windoze 98 laptop allows feedback
from output to input.  I can run a generator program or
simply play back a .wav file and the output can go directly
into the sound card input which is being used by the
demod program.  This works nicely with the IZ8BLY demod
and Moe Wheatley's generator, and with other analysis programs.
The program does not need to accept .wav files directly although
that feature is certainly nice to have.

Also, for recording, if you use a standard video cassette recorder
for your audio, you'll get very good timing as long as you have a
network video signal going into the video input.  I've used this for
recording APT weather satellite audio for years.

Richard Allen W5SXD