Re: ISS Sighting

>The large solar arrays are currently aligned so that they are edge on to the
>velocity vector for minimum drag. They have plenty of power so for now, they

That would definitely explain it. Assuming the active side of the
panels face away from the earth, then I could see how there could have
been a sun glint from the rear surface to a ground observer at local
sunset or sunrise. This sounds like it's worth predicting and watching
for, as with Iridium flares.

How much extra drag do the arrays generate when they're kept normal to
the sun, and how much fuel does this require to counteract?

Phil