Antennas on the bird

<Stuff Snipped>
> Richard W L Limebear wrote:
> > Here's one I haven't seen anything about: Omnidirectional antenna
failures.
> > 70cm probably never worked, nor did 23cm. 2m only worked for a while.
> >
> > My own (fairly ignorant) suspicions fall on mechanical resonance effects
> > during the powered parts of the launch when, I believe, they were
dangling
> > below the spacecraft. So, just like a piece of wire repeatedly flexed,
maybe
> > they fractured in-flight; some came off completely and some were so
weakened
> > that later effects shook them off (did the 2m PA have swr protection ?).

<More Snipped>

> finally said "I'm outa here"  :)
> And then maybe the forces of the burn of the 400N motor finally did in the
> 2meter ant....

I was under the impression 2 meter telemetry stopped AFTER the burn was
complete.  Is this correct?  Wasn't data received on 2 meters for a short
while after the burn?  Peter mentioned 2 events.  I assumed they were the
burn being longer than expected, and the system/commuincations crash that
ocurred later.  Can anyone tell us how long the time between these events
was?

Thanks and 73,
Joe
ka0yos@amsat.org