RE: Noise, Bandwidth and Gain

	On Wednesday, January 10, 2001 11:29 AM, Gary Memory wrote:

	>Any attempt to monitor AO-40 or any other signal at S-Band has been
	>fruitless.  However, I recently added a cavity filter cut for 2.4
MHz
	>between the Conifer amp and the antenna and WOW!  Signals have
appeared from
	>nowhere.

Gary...  I also live in a "high RF environment"  TV stations, pagers, etc.
I put a high-pass filter between my 2.4 GHz antenna and preamp.  It's been
several years, but I think the cutoff freq was around 1.5 GHz.  It was
relatively easy to make a high-pass with low loss.  My attempts at making
low loss band-pass filters of various types haven't turned out so well.

If you've got a good low loss cavity filter, you're luckier than most of us!

73,
Jim AF9A