Re: Leaking out the nozzle

Richard wrote
>>Shouldn't that be "increase(velocity)" at perigee and "loss(of
>velocity)" at apogee.

With the AO-40 in the orientation shown in your drawing on your web page
(270/0) your statement is correct.  We were speaking of reorienting her to
90/0 so we could use the delta V from the leaky propellent to raise
perigee, rather than have it lose perigee in its curtent orientation.   In
this flipped case, we would decrease velocity at perigee and increase it
at apogee.

If we are forced to deal with an unplanned delta V, we might as well use
it to our advantage, or at least not let it hurt us!

-Joe KM1P