Re: APRStk Automatic Satellite Monitoring

Hi Andre,

on 1/10/2001 4:00 AM, Schaik, A. van at avanschaik@hsl1.nl wrote:

> When I select the sats I want to track in the P-list it only tracks the
> downlink and not the uplink and whats worse it transmits on the uplink.

This sounds about right. Although I don't run APRSDos, I do play with
satellites, a lot. The nature of the data interface to the D700 precludes
uplink doppler correction, and it is not strictly necessary for APRS
operation. Most of the pacsats have fairly large passbands on their
receivers so while there is some loss of efficiency, UI frames still get
through.

Transmitting on the uplink is CORRECT, the ground station transmits on the
uplink, and receives on the downlink.

Hope this helps,

73 de John AA2BN

--