Re: "Precision" Antenna Pointing

All discussions concerning beam pointing don't really seem to be that
important in that most of the antennas we are using fall well outside the 1
to 3 degree beam width areas. The rotors are not that  accurate either. The
Bar-B-Q antenna from Myers I use is only in the 13 to 14 degree range. I can
rock the AZ EL a fair amount before I loose signal on AO40 S beacon. It is
much tighter on beam width compared to the 2 and 70 cm KLM 40cx and 22C
yagi's. I don't think given the power of the signals coming from AO40 that
there will be a real need to improve on any AO13 type station that is out
there. I also track UO-11 very well with my system. I use NOVA, KCT, Yaesu
5400 rotors. Ant's are KLM 40CX/ 22C and the Myers Bar-B-Q 2.4 Ghz. Drake
convertor and a FT736r IF.