interference on 145.840 & 880

Hello,

Anyone know where I can find information on decoding signals.  I have two
data signals in the amatuer sat freq bandplan that I cannot identify.  They
appear on 145.840 and 145.880 Mhz.  The signals sound just like UO-11 to me,
yet I know they are not that bird.  The signals are strongest when I get
near a large shopping area with many restaurants. (Pagers maybe??)  The
signals don't decode with a PK-232.  The signals are usually very short
bursts of data with a minute or so between burst but I haven't actually
timed them yet.

Is there anyway to find data on the types of modulation available and how to
decode them?  I want to find out who this is and get them to move off the
ham freqs.

I have a small recording of them as a wave (375K) if anyone wants it to take
a crack at it or to hear it.

Thanks,
Mike

Michael Blair