Re: "Precision" Antenna Pointing

I used Ed Cole's g-t.xls spreadsheet (available for download at
http://www.setileague.org/software/spreadsh.htm ) based on Richard
Flagg's equations and instructions given at
http://www.setileague.org/articles/g-t.htm

The current solar flux at 2400 MHz is around 140 (interpolated from
http://solar.sec.noaa.gov/getftp.cgi?get=lists/radio/rad.txt ).  Using
0.8 dB noise figure and a 24 dBi antenna, I get an excess sun noise (Y
in the equations and spreadsheet) of 4.2 dB.

73,
Bob KD1VV