Re: "Precision" Antenna Pointing

I confirm your thought about plus/minus two degrees as good as amateurs
usually can obtain.  It would be nice if ordinary antenna hardware would
do better.  This is barely good enough for S band use even with a two foot
dish.  Can we list here how much excess sun noise is gotten on 2400 MHz?
Be sure and include you antenna system and noise figure if possible.

As for determining the sun's Az/El.  All tracking programs have it listed.
Instrack displays it constantly.  Cliff K7RR