Re: S-Band Antenna Comparisons, etc.

Hi Dave

I have found if you are working  with dish antennas it is a  good
investment  to have two pieces of square aluminum tube.     Making a
cross shaped jig out of the two square tubes fastened perpendicular,  one
can place one tube across the dish face and have a method to line up dish
pointing , reference for measuring the height of the dish ( used to
determine F/D ration of the dish )  and centering of the focal point and
feed antenna on the dish .   Trying to make sure that a feed antenna is
indeed pointing at the center of the dish with a good axial alignment
from a focal point that is also centered in the middle of the dish is
difficult without a jig.   A buck and a half angle gauge resting on the
square axial tube will measure elevation angle very nicely.

Have fun

Joe  K0VTY