LCD Monitors (OT)

I need to tap the collective wisdom out there!  I'm in the market for an LCD
monitor (15 inch).  Yes, I know they're not cheap and that is the basis for my
inquiry as I want to purchase wisely.  Any particular brands to consider, or
stay away from?  Any models that merit interest, or should be ignored?

I now await the flood of thoughtful input.

Tom Webb, WA9AFM/5