Re: bluetooth

Well, first of all, there are multiple standards on 2.4 GHz.

There is your IEEE Wireless Lan standard (the number escapes me right now).  Apple Computer's Air Port runs on this for instance (Air Port uses a Lucent WLAN card).  Then there is Bluetooth, which is something completely different.

The WLAN standard is capable of further distances and IMHO, much more likely to cause interference to ham radio frequencies.  You can use high gain antennas, etc.  Bluetooth on the other hand is designed to work in a range of a few feet.  In my mind Bluetooth might only be a problem if you have a number of them in your home!

Please make sure you analyze all the standards on 2.4 GHz.  They are not all the same, they do not have the same power levels, modulation, antennas, etc.  Don't just lump them all together.

73,

Jon
NA9D

eduardo j valdez <edvaldez@edsamail.com.ph> wrote:
> hi all,
i've been asked by a friend to wirte an article on LAN that are in the vicinity of 2.4 GHZ.  more specifically, how this would affect our local amateur frequency allocation on that band.

i would appreciate it if anyone can point me to a website pertinent to the topic.

73,
eddie
du1ev
also n1wlv