Re: S-Band Antenna Comparisons, etc.

on 1/7/01 11:10 PM, Joseph V Murray at k0vty@juno.com wrote:

> Circular polarization requires a solid dish surface.

I really have a hard time with this.  As Dave pointed out the surface is
seen by the RF signal as a solid, not the grate that we see.

Now I will admit that a parabolic section will tend to pick up signals in
the plane its laying in so that would make it look more horizontal or
vertical depending on how its placed.  But I would think that if you have a
full parabolic dish made up of a grate of rods that it should not matter
which direction they run.

73,

Jon
NA9D