Re: S-Band Antenna Comparisons, etc.

I did some quick helix antenna runs using NEC.  These runs use an
infinite backplane, so they are only approximations, but may be useful
for comparisons.  The 7-turn helix you describe (with 44 mm dia. i.e.
1.106 wavelength circumference; and 37 mm spacing, i.e. 15 degree pitch)
has 11.9 dBi gain.  The 16-turn helix (I assume it is built to nominal 1
wavelength circumference and 12 deg pitch) has 14.8 dBi gain.  The
parabolic reflector on the 7-turner may be enhancing it's gain somewhat.

73,
Bob KD1VV