Re: AO40: status

On Sun, 7 Jan 2001, Richard D. Burgan wrote:

> Bob,
> AO-40's spin rate rate went from about 9 prior to loss of comm to 17+ after
> comm was regained.  These are based on telemetry and doppler measurement
> respectively.
> 73's Rich @ WC8J

Wow, thanks rick.   That is a very perfect match to the theory of simple
spin up due to the loss of 250 Kg of mass from a 500 Kg spacecraft.
ALthough it is hard to believe that all three "fuels" and "gasses" all
were lost in one event...  Hummh...  And if both the oxidizer and fuel
both went at the same time there would be a real mess...

Thanks
Bob

de WB4APR@amsat.org, Bob

See my APRS LIVE pages    http://web.usna.navy.mil/~bruninga/aprs.html