Re: Are there any Linux users using autotracking?

Hamish Moffatt wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 05, 2001 at 09:26:52AM +0000, Viktor Kudielka wrote:
> > Has anybody implemented the SDP4 model (orbital periods > 225 min)
> > for SatTrack ?
>
> The license doesn't allow you to make those sort of modifications.

Hamish,

The license reads as follows:

 SatTrack may be modified for personal
purposes, but modified versions may NOT be distributed without prior
consent of Bester Tracking Systems.

I have done modifications in the past, in AO-13 days even under the
advice of Manfred Bester, had a fix for the Y2K bug, and I think
I am perfectly allright to modify the module with the "TLE mean" model,
as long as I do it in my own system and don't distribute it.
Any objections ?
	73, Viktor OE1VKW