Re: AO40: status

>Its not that the mass had to move to the center like a spinning skater
>which is a change in moment of inertia, but a loss of mass with no loss in
>angular momentum.  Thus it must spin up.

Nope, not quite. If the fuel had simply dribbled out from the outer
edges of the spacecraft, the spin would have slowed down as the
propellant moved outward.

>How much was the mass of the propellant?

The figures I have show 63.37 kg of N2O4 in each of two tanks, 34.35 kg
of MMH in each of two tanks, plus 26.65 kg of NH3 in each of two tanks.
I can't find a figure for the helium mass.

Phil