Re: dual boot PCs

>How do you switch the active partitions?  Do you use FDISK?  What I meant by
>Windows95 not "dual booting" is that it isn't built in to the operating
>system like it is in Windows 2000.  You have to manually go out and switch

Linux (at least Debian linux, which I run) comes with the "cfdisk"
disk partition manager. It is a *vast* improvement over MS FDISK.

Others have already commented on LILO, which I also find works very
well, and on the fact that Linux can mount Microsoft FAT16 and FAT32
file systems just fine. It can also mount NTFS, though currently only
in read-only mode.  I don't know of any Microsoft OS that can read
native Linux file systems, though.

Phil