Re: Venting, spin-up and SMAD [was: AO40: status]

Margaret wrote:
> Gee...now I would have thought that the spaceframe wouldn't have been even
> remotely gas-tight...

Yes, correct.  The frame is not gas tight at all and is full of a vacuum
just like outside.  But if there was a leak rapid enough lets say to raise
the vacuum to say just one PSI for a second or so, then that can do a lot
of damage until it leaks out.

If the side of AO40 is say 2' by 4 ' thats over 1000 square inches... At 1
Psi, that is over 1000 lbs of force that can easily rip out a seam....

de WB4APR, Bob