AO-40 Problems

Does anyone have a list of the telemetry sensors that have failed?

Also, I wonder if taking a picture with the camera on board might be worth
trying in case it shows anything leaking out. Not likely, but probably worth
the try when time allows.

Also, if leaking fuel caused cables to be eaten away, one possibility is
that while the satellite was off from 12/13 to 12/25 some damage occurred
during that time. If this was continuing, it seems like in the 2 weeks since
we have recovered AO-40, we should see additional failures. No seeing that
seems to indicate a more sudden single event which perhaps caused the
sensor/wiring failure, computer crash, and increase spin. Also, it seems
like we should have seen signs of the wiring failure before the crash.

Bill Bard