Re: Speaking of big ears...

"Margaret Leber (K3XS)" wrote:

> And I thought *I* got a good deal on used antennas:
>
> "NSA abandons wondrous stuff"
>
> "Astronomers who took over an abandoned spy base find remarkable, expensive and
> often
>  incomprehensible stuff at every turn."
>
> http://www.sunspot.net/cgi-bin/editorial/printversion.cgi?storyid=1150520223288

Well , I hope I am not the only one on this list that has been inside these
so-called "golf balls" , and inside the bunkers of the nike sites up here in
eastern washington , it really isn't as mysterious as this page likes to paint
it , but it is kind of a killer that they just let it all go , no wait a minute
, I was witness to 3 "golf ball" sites nearby where I live being bulldozed to
the ground , so I guess I should'nt be surprised .......

Our tax dollars at work , well at least this NSA site wasn't dozed like soo many
others , and the folks who could appreciate it got ahold of it ! , hooraw !!

Thanks for the post maggie , it brought back some memories :)

yeah ! , I want one in my back yard ;^))

--
Douglas Cole   N7BFS
AMSAT#26182 , K2 # 544