Re: dual boot PCs

On Thu, Jan 04, 2001 at 01:20:03PM -0600, Kevin Muenzler, WB5RUE wrote:
> How do you switch the active partitions?  Do you use FDISK?  What I meant by
> Windows95 not "dual booting" is that it isn't built in to the operating
> system like it is in Windows 2000.  You have to manually go out and switch
> the partitions.

Not at all. The Linux loader "LILO" will allow you to boot either Linux
or Windows or whatever other operating system, without using FDISK each time.

I use another Linux loader named Grub to boot either Windows 2000,
Windows 98, or Linux, with a nice menu displayed at boot time similar
to Partition Magic's menu.

Hamish