Re: pt3 telemetry

>From: Jon Ogden <na9d@mindspring.com>
>To: MCGWIER ROBERT <rwmcgwier@home.com>, <amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org>
>Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] pt3 telemetry
>Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2001 09:23:03 -0600
>
>on 1/5/01 6:31 AM, MCGWIER ROBERT at rwmcgwier@home.com wrote:
>
> > As I stated, I believe we leaked propellant.   I believe this explains
> > why the burn went long, why the regulator didn't regulate, why
> > the electronic failures occurred, etc.
>
>First of all, Robert, I have a problem with speculations.  We had plenty of
>these when the bird first went silent.  I have an issue with the idea of a
>propellant leak.  Here's why:
>
>1.)

I think that a leak is being acknowledged and from a "guess" standpoint the
analysis seems pretty right on to me.  The big question is what caused the
"leak" and is that related to the IHU problems or did it cause the problems.

I dont have much problems with speculations once there is some data to
speculate on...its human nature.  There is some data now and its
"entertaining" to discuss what might be happening.

Its sort of like airplane crashes.  News at 1000 airplane crashes...well
what caused it?  dont know what kind of airplane it is so really dont have
any room to speculate.  Ahh its an MD-80 and for the last 1 hour before the
crash they were reporting trim problems...so speculation about what might
have gone wrong based on whats being reported are "entertaining".

In the end speculation is just that particularly on a closed system like
this.  The folks who know better just chuckle and the rest of us just
speculate...

Robert Oler WB5MZO Houston TX