AO-40 spin

On 1/4/01 7:58 PM, Richard D. Burgan at wc8j@raex.com wrote:
 I saw an AMSAT-BB post yesterday where Phil, KA9Q calculated the
> doppler at +/- 14 Hz.  All the indications I had were that it is more than
> that.  So there is something going on.  I roughly measured the rotation
rate
> at
> 17.4 rpm.

I carefully analysed the S2 beacon Doppler sine curve  induced by the
satellite rotation  yesterday 04jan2001 around 09:51 UTC (MA/phase 25).
Using the powerful zoom functions of CoolEdit 2000 spectral analysis
software , I got the following values:
- peak to peak freq shift: 19.0 Hz
- rotation: 17.86 rpm

It should be very interesting to perform such measurements from time to
time, just to detect any rotation speed variations.

Cheers

Jean-Louis F6AGR