Re: 10.0 - 10.5 GHz LNBs and upconverter-TX units.

>Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2001 18:52:06 -0800
>From: Douglas Cole <n7bfs@qwest.net>

>big 'snip
>
>I got into this thread a little late ( linux et al ) , but was wondering
why we
>don't consider talking to some of the people like DEM ( downeast microwave
) or
>SSB , as they seem to be more on the order of "amateur" companies trying
to do
>stuff for us folks ( which there seem to be fewer and fewer companies all the
>time ) , now don't get me wrong here , I am not trying to say this other
idea is
>bad , but have anyone asked these other folks to see what they would do
for us ?

>I am sure they would like the business too , and heck maybe they are already
>building something like that , and if we commited to such a large amount of
>units being sold I'll bet they would lower their prices to "amateur' rates
;^))

>Again not trying to put a wedge in the middle of this idea Murray ( cuz I
think
>I would want to buy one too ) but how bout our stateside buddies that are
keen
>on doing stuff for us amateurs :)
>
>Does anyone know if they are working on any 10GHz units ?

Doug,

If you checked on Downeast and SSB's web pages you will have discovered
that they both have or plan for 10 GHz P3D down convertors.  I have one
pre-ordered from Downeast when they begin production.  I certainly agree
that we should patronize our ham-microwave suppliers.  But its only
typically "ham" to scrounge or build our own.

If you have the time, skill, or willing to acept the risk then go for it.
If not, then DEM, SSB, Kuhne, Parabolic, etal offer a good selection.

See you on x-band :-)
Ed