Re: RS-12 Mode A - Wow!

on 1/4/01 8:09 PM, Rip Smith at rip.smith@mindspring.com wrote:

> It's the kind of excitement that will bring new people into the satellite
> community and will bring people like me back into it after a long period of
> inactivity.

Most definitely.  I have asked people who mothballed their stations after
the AO-13 burn up why they did that.  I don't understand it.  Sure it's too
bad we don't have a fully working Phase 3 HEO bird up there.  But there are
plenty of other options.  I haven't been in satellites for all that long (a
little over a year) and I love them.  Most hams think that the birds are too
difficult which is just a myth.

Anyhow, we need more people working the linear LEOs if we ever hope to see
any more like RS12,13,15 and FO20,29.

> I'm also looking forward to taking a crack at some of the other birds, and
> eventually AO-40, but for pure fun, I hope RS-12 stays healthy in mode A
> for a long time.

Agreed.  I'll have to get on it and see how it works for me!

73,

Jon
NA9D

Jon Ogden