Re: Re: the Linux thread ( that is what it is right ? )

John Harrington wrote:

> I was monitoring this thread for a bit of amusement (The OS wars have
> been going
> on for thirty years that I know of- only the names have changed) but
> this post
> really gave me a chuckle.  Douglas, do you really mean to say that you
> strongly
> favor an OS that it took you FOUR YEARS to master?
>
> For criminies (sic) sake, man, don't you have anything else to do?
>
> All in fun, and best regards,  John  W5EME

Yeah , I did have to take the cd out of the envelope and put it in the drive
;^))

Oh and did I make clear that all I have had is a highschool education ( actually
my senior year doesn'tcount since I almost failed that :^P ) ? ......  ;^))

And I am totally aware of the 'os wars , and didn't want to dive in , but here I
am "troll bait" written on my t-shirt ;^) , my limit was hit , and I dove in
;^))

Yes , I had way too much to do up until this year( 2001 )  , so now I can
somewhat admit to being "comfortable" with linux , sorry , I am not in you folks
league ( I have a hard time just thinking about how to write any of the software
that I am interested in , can you say "flow chart" ? let alone doing it ) ,just
like to keep tabs on the folks that keep it interesting for me :)

yes , all in fun ;^)
73

--
Douglas Cole   N7BFS