Re: Foreign Bank Drafts // Paypal

Several people have asked me to post more info on this 'to the list' so here
goes.  I am in no way affiliated with paypal other than being a happy
customer.  My wife does 99.9% of the paypal business in our family (she is
just a customer as well).

Through her search paypal appears to be the safest, cheapest, and easiest
way for induviduals and / or small businesses to exchange funds.  It started
as way to use credit cards and make "instant payments" on Ebay and other
auction sites.  It has grown to something much more.

Currently people in the following countries can use paypal to make or
receive payments:
:
Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Denmark, France, Germany, Hong
Kong, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand,
Norway, Portugal, Singapore, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sweden,
Switzerland, United Kingdom, United States (They are working on more)

This would appear to solve the "how do I safely get money to someone in
another country" problem.  We have successfully sent or received money from
or to Australia, Canada, Italy, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, South
Africa, United Kingdom and the United States.  It has always worked and we
have never run into any hidden charges.

Payments can be made from credit cards or via bank accounts (for non U.S.
subscribers the bank account must have a debit card).

There is no fee to pay someone!

Individual accounts can receive up to $100 a month in credit card payments
with no fees.  Businesses are charged 2.2% to receive credit card payments.
(This is lower than any merchant account we have ever had!)  1.6% to receive
non-credit card payments.

In closing I would like to hear from someone who has sent money to a
non-paypal member via paypal.  They claim you can send money to any valid
email address.  Has anyone done this?

Thanks, and 73,
Joe
ka0yos@amsat.org