Re: 10.0 - 10.5 GHz LNBs and upconverter-TX units.

Murray Peterson VK2KGM wrote:

> Hi All,
>     The 1000 up price was better ($90 USA) than I recalled in previous
> emails. Since I am not so great a web pages, I was wondering if there is
> someone on the list who would like to setup a web page to survey interest in
> these items. Obviously, the less sales/marketing etc. I have to do the lower
> my costs. If I could find interest in 1000 units and everone was prepared to
> put their money up front (before I had to pay the supplier), I would be
> prepared to supply them for the Wholesale Price + Postage and Handling, but
> that's probably unlikely but it would be interesting to see if this could be
> done as a "community project". I would appreciate any volinteers for webpage
> designing email me direct.

big 'snip

I got into this thread a little late ( linux et al ) , but was wondering why we
don't consider talking to some of the people like DEM ( downeast microwave ) or
SSB , as they seem to be more on the order of "amateur" companies trying to do
stuff for us folks ( which there seem to be fewer and fewer companies all the
time ) , now don't get me wrong here , I am not trying to say this other idea is
bad , but have anyone asked these other folks to see what they would do for us ?

I am sure they would like the business too , and heck maybe they are already
building something like that , and if we commited to such a large amount of
units being sold I'll bet they would lower their prices to "amateur' rates ;^))

Again not trying to put a wedge in the middle of this idea Murray ( cuz I think
I would want to buy one too ) but how bout our stateside buddies that are keen
on doing stuff for us amateurs :)

Does anyone know if they are working on any 10GHz units ?

Just curious :^}

Oh ,dangit , ok , I'll just go to their websites ;^))

--
Douglas Cole   N7BFS
AMSAT#26182 , K2 # 544