Re: SO-35

Hum, not sure.   Here is the link to the web site:

http://sunsat.ee.sun.ac.za/ham1.htm

And here is the text from their website:

Newsflash: The orientation changes needed in order to resume imaging
activities have been hampered by a dead motor on our satellite disk
(groundstation).  Due to the additional operational effort required, the
Amateur services have been suspended until further notice.  [4 Janurary
2001]

All APRS frames, digipeated via Sunsat's APRSAT alias, are now fed into
findu.com.  The digilogs are downlinked four times a day over the Sunsat
ground station at Stellenbosch, South Africa.  Once our SANAE ground station
is operational, digilogs should be fed into the world-wide APRS network
every orbit (100 minutes).

Ronald Ross, KE6JAB, a member of Alain Hubert's The Wall expedition to
Dronning Maud Land in Antarctica, will have deployed two Stanford University
weather stations by the end of December 2000.  One of the stations is
already active at their Blue One base camp.  Weather station data, captured
by Sunsat, can be viewed at http://wx.findu.com/ke6jab-1.  Follow the team's
progress at Antarctica 2000.

On 6 December 2000, Bob Bruninga, WB4APR, announced the planned launch of
the US Naval Academy's Prototype Communications Satellite, PCsat, in August
2001.  As an increasing number of amateur satellites support low bandwidth,
low overhead APRS services, the APRS Satellite Tracking and Reporting
System, ASTARS, will continue to expand its coverage.  Permanent global
coverage is the long term goal for such a constellation, of which Sunsat and
PCsat will be the first members.

Digital services are enabled continuously except during voice passes, as
indicated in the schedule below.  Sunsat will digipeat AX.25 UI packets (via
SUNSAT or APRSAT).  The satellite is set up in Mode B during voice passes
and in Mode J during data passes.  Note that these services may be disabled
while some non-ham payloads are activated.

Due to the current unfavourable imaging conditions, there are no immediate
need for UI broadcasts of data.  Watch this space for new developments.  To
join a mailing list for breaking news regarding the digital modes, send a
message to lochner@ing.sun.ac.za with "subscribe UIB/APRS" in its subject
line.

73s KE4AZN
Mike