Linux. ----Off Topic----

Warning---off topic--- Linux help needed.

This is directed primarily to Hamish, Tony L. and the rest of the VK
Linux mob. I'm not proud 'though, I'll take anyone's help!!! Please
reply direct to njmcmillan@bigpond.com and keep the clutter of th bbs.

I'm running Red Hat 7.0 on a Pentium Pro 180 with 32M of Ram, dual boot
W98SE. There are 3 other W98 boxes running on a 10base2 TCP/IP network.
The W98 network works fine, including the dual boot. I have trouble with
Winboxes accessing the Linux share. It appears in Network N/hood as a
folder "public" in the machine "Norm", as expected. When I double click
the public folder Win tells me

                \\Norm\public is not accessable.
      The share name was not found. Be sure you typed it correctly

When I try to mount the C: drive on  ..0.2 ([root@norm norm]# smbmount
//192.168.0.2/c /mnt/share)
Linux tells me
session request to 192.168.0.2 failed
session request to *SMBSERVER failed
SMB connection failed

I can ping all the winboxes ok, the winboxes ping the linuxbox ok.
A few hints would be appreciated!!!

Norm Vk2xci.