Re: Re: UO-2 Telemetry Decoder Software

On Wed, Jan 03, 2001 at 02:20:40PM -0600, Mark West wrote:
> Could it be possible that it does not exist because no-one wrote it? I

Yep, no one wrote it *yet*. By the way, not everybody works on open source
for money. I have a day job as an electronics engineer, and I work on
open source in my spare time, for fun. I've never been paid for open
source work, and don't ask to be.

> wonder
> if such SW would be available if somebody could make a living by selling it?
> And if someone ever does put it out, what are the odds of getting a suite of
> apps equivalent MS Office for free?

100%. StarOffice, or whatever it's called these days. There are some others
too.

> Oh NO! did I just go and reveal another flaw with open source?

You haven't even revealed one yet, how can this be another?

Hamish