Re: Prime Star Dishes etc.

Bruce Bostwick wrote:

> Curious about this myself as well .. they would make decent receivers,
> since they have a Ku-band LNA and downconverter built in.  Pick up two and
> put an upconverter on the other one, and you might be able to make some 10
> GHz SSB contacts.  (Bonus points if you can design and build a good duplex
> feed and combine TX/RX into one dish ..

Yeah , I picked up one of the primestar dishes recently at a yard sale for $10 ,
now I think I paid too much ;^)

Luckily it had the down converter and brackets, at the time though I didn't care
as much as I just wanted the dish ( no shipping and handling paid ;^)  ) and
felt the converter was just a fringe bennie .

--
Douglas Cole   N7BFS
AMSAT#26182 , K2 # 544