Re: Re: UO-2 Telemetry Decoder Software

>  Not everyone can build their own gear,
>not everyone can write programs or even compile source code. open source is
>good for everyone except the people trying to get more for something than
>it's really worth. ....Wow, could this thread be any MORE off topic?.....
>
>Howie,

Right on the nose!  I think most of us use the computer as a tool,
albeit a cumbersome one at times.  I use many types of measuring
equipment, digital, analog,  and sometimes have to build my own.
But I sure don't go into most of them and attempt to change them in
any way.  Yet just that is a part of our hobby to some of us.

If the tool isn't any good, I dump it.  Windoze is a pain in the rear,
I struggled to learn to use it, I still like and feel comfortable with DOS,
and I fit them both in when and where they work.

My soldering iron is just as valuable to me as the computer, couldn't
get along with either one.

ALL of your efforts to improve the programs are of course wonderful.

But ladies and gentlemen they are JUST TOOLS!  Certainly for me not
a means to an end...

            73, Dave wb6llo@amsat.org
                    Disagree: I learn....