Re: Prime Star Dishes etc.

Curious about this myself as well .. they would make decent receivers,
since they have a Ku-band LNA and downconverter built in.  Pick up two and
put an upconverter on the other one, and you might be able to make some 10
GHz SSB contacts.  (Bonus points if you can design and build a good duplex
feed and combine TX/RX into one dish ..

>Hi everyone,
>
>I wonder has anyone done anything with one of the "PrimeStar" dishes and
Rx's
>that are being trashed everywhere?  ( I literally picked one up from the
>curbside put out for trash ). I think they were bought out by Direct TV and
>all of the equipment is being replaced with Direct TV dishes and Rx's.
>
>Happy New Year,
>
>Paul
>
>G4BBP/W3

"Orthodoxy is orthodoxy because it won, not because it is true." -- Bp.
John Spong
 "Power takes as ingratitude the writhing of its victims." -- Rabindranath
Tagore
         Bruce Bostwick  mailto:lihan@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu