Amsat-UK Colloquium 2001

SB AMSAT @ WWW $COLCALL1
Amsat-UK Colloquium 2001

              Amsat-UK 16th Colloquium - Call for papers

The 16th AMSAT-UK Colloquium will be held at Surrey University, Guildford,
Surrey, U.K., from Friday 27 July to Sunday 29 July 2001.

Amsat-UK invite speakers to submit papers, about amateur radio space and
associated activities, for this event and for the "Proceedings" document
which will be published at the same time. We normally prefer authors to
present the papers themselves rather than having someone else read them in
the authors' absence, but we also welcome "unpresented" papers for the
Proceedings document. There may be an award of some sort for the best
presentation.

Offers of Papers should be submitted as soon as possible; the final date
for full documents to be received is mid-June 2001 in order that the
"Proceedings" document be available to participants.

An added attraction this year will be "Show and Tell" presentations. In
these, the presenter will be given ten minutes to tell the assembled multitude
about a useful project they have done so we can all gain from their work. For
these presentations a paper to be printed in the proceedings is not mandatory
(but any submissions would be gratefully accepted). Possible speakers for
these are asked to let me know of their intention so that I can allocate
enough time in the programme. There may be an award of some sort for one of
these too.

Submissions should be sent *ONLY* to G3RWL, via the following routes:

Internet e-mail:  g3rwl@amsat.org

Terrestrial mail: R W L Limebear G3RWL
                  60 Willow Road
                  Enfield EN1 3NQ
                  United Kingdom.
(no fax available)

AMSAT-UK also invite anyone with requests for Program Topics to submit them
as soon as possible to G3RWL. Invitations for any papers on specific subjects
will be included in the future call.

Additionally, Amsat-UK will be running sessions specifically for beginners
to amateur satellite operating on the Saturday; volunteers are requested to
speak to these sessions.

Colloquium web pages are at <http://www.uk.amsat.org/colloquium.htm> or
follow the link from the home page.

73 Richard G3RWL