Re: Software platforms [was:UO-2 Telemetry Decoder Software

I watched the demo for VMWare at SDexpo last fall.  I asked the guy how much
of a system it required.  He gave the standard (more is better answer).
When I pressed him he said 1Ghz box with at least 256 MB RAM.  That's a
little more horsepower than my second hand machine.

I am curious does Linux make bad APPS good?  or does it correct
configuration mistakes?  I have lots of stuff that has been running in
Windows without crashing for years.  If you write stable code it just runs
and runs.  One of my work apps has been running at 24/7 on WinNT for 17
months.  I will be bringing it down in the morning to install some new user
requested features.

73,
Joe
ka0yos@amsat.org

P.S. I don't work for or get paid by Microsoftt, but I have slept by the
Microsoft pod.