Re: Re: UO-2 Telemetry Decoder Software

markw@iSecuritas.com (Mark West) writes:

> Could someone please explain to me again how a professional software
> developer makes a living by writing open source code?

The best single-piece discussion of the topic I'm aware of is Eric Raymond's
"The Magic Cauldron", which you can find online at

     http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/writings/cathedral-bazaar/magic-cauldron/

A significant number of talented people I know currently derive comfortable
incomes from writing Open Source software.  Whether we understand it yet or
not, it is happening.

73 - Bdale, KB0G