Re: Grid Rules

It's less than a km.  When N8KWX and I rove, we have a spot in Wisconsin on
the border EN64 and EN63 (or it may be EN54 and EN53 - I forget) where we
literally move back and forth between the grids just by moving the vehicle
about 25 feet.  Upon thinking of it, I think the only requirement is that
the station be located (antennas and all) ENTIRELY within one grid.  So
being right on a border or corner would not count.

73,

Jon
NA9D

on 1/2/01 12:35 PM, Frederick M. Spinner at fspinner@hotmail.com wrote:

> My understanding is that to give out the multiple four grids as a
> rover, you have to be 1 km in from the grid border in each grid.
> Not to hard to do as a rover, at least in the midwest.  Last time I
> did that I followed a windy gravel road on a grid line for miles
> and was able to do six grids, and pull off just about anywhere I wanted to
> do this.  Otherwise it'd be too easy.

Jon Ogden
NA9D (ex: KE9NA)

Member:  ARRL, AMSAT, DXCC, NRA