Re: Grid Rules

> > > 2.  How close do I need to be to the corner?  Within 100 feet? 100 yards? 10
> > > feet?
> > >
> > The transmitter must be located exactly on the grid square based on either
> > survey lines or a gps.
> >
>     Does "exactly on the grid square" mean "inside the grid square"? If so, then
>     it is not in any other grid  square.

No!, it means exactly on the grid boundary. If you are working from a
boundary between two grids or on a corner of 4 grids, you cannot be 'inside
the grid square', that would place you in only one grid instead of on the
boundary of 2 or 4.

> > > 3.  What has to be located on or near the corner?  Me?  My antenna?  My
> > > transmitter?  (Can't put all of those in exactly the same place!)
> >
> > The transmitter.
> >
>         Are you approving the idea of "near the corner" as also covering the
>         adjoining squares?

Near the corner is not where the transmitter needs to be. It is to be located on
the boundary of the 2 grids or the exact corner of the 4 grids as determined
by either survey lines or a GPS. If you are on the corner of 4 grids, then you
can give out all the grids for one contact. If you can't make it all the way to the
corner but are on the boundary of 2 grids, then you give out those 2 grids.

Simply saying, well somewhere around here (1/8, 1/4, 1/2 mile give or take)
is a grid border is not keeping in the spirit of the awards program. If you are
operating from a border of grids, you must be on that border.

73...bruce

Houston, Texas
AMSAT Area Coordinator
Houston AMSAT Net - Tuesday, 8PM CDT on W0KIE Satcom C3, T24, 7.5Mhz