Re: [sarex] FW: From the ISS Ship's Log

>From: "Myszka, Mike" <mmyszka@hiwaay.net>
>To: <sarex@AMSAT.Org>
>Subject: [sarex] FW: From the ISS Ship's Log
>Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2001 14:10:31 -0600
>
>I work in the Payload Operations and Integration Center (POIC) at Marshall
>Space Flight Center (MSFC)
>here in Huntsville, AL. We are responsible for all payload operations on
>ISS.  We are currently preparing for operations starting in March.  This
>email was distributed last week.  Apparently it is an entry from the ships
>log.
>Once again, amateur radio makes a big impact!
>We're getting ready for our first school radio contact
>tomorrow, with Burbank School in Chicago.  They sent us an email
>describing their preparations for the comm. pass, and we want to share
>this with all the troops in the Control Centers who are making "Alpha"
>work.  If you ever had the question-"why a space station?"   --this is a
>pretty eloquent answer:

Really?  This is why the US taxpayers have paid 40 billion dollars to date
for three guys in a couple of cans doing not a lot and will pay about 60
billion more under current projections?

I got a flash for you Mike.  IN 1968 when I was 7 our teacher did something
like this based on a movie.  It didnt cost the taxpayers all the money ISS
has cost us and delivered so little.  I realize that this isnt a space forum
but ham radio does not justify the dollars spent on ISS.

Robert Oler WB5MZO Houston TX