Re: Re: UO-2 Telemetry Decoder Software

Hello Hamish!

02 Jan 01 20:07, you wrote to All:

 HM> You can't expect to do much DSP on a 486. The sound card digital mode
 HM> programs (PSK31 etc) generally recommend a Pentium 133 or better these
 HM> days... which is not too much of an ask given that a Pentium 133
 HM> is now 5-6 years old.

Well, I _do_ run packet on a 486/66!  That's 1200 bps via the soundcard.  So
far, not a dropped packet in the box, runs surprisingly smoothly. :-)

Now, the Windows box battles to do it on a P233 (the linux system actually eats
it for breakfast on packet).

So, some modest DSP is realistic on a 486.

Tony, VK3JED

.. of chemistry, sex is a matter of physics.