helix form

Happy New Year
I will be building a 20 turn helix soon.  I have seen a number of designs
(K5OE, W0OQC).  My question is,  does the deielectric properties of the
form for the helix effect the performance?  Some designs have used  white
pvc pipe, some fiberglass poles.  There is a pvc material used for
electrical conduit it is sunlight resistant, and will stand up better  in
the weather.  I would want to use this stuff,  I will be hanging a drake
converter at the helix.
73...Bob...W7LRD