Re: L-Band "Pod" Antennas and Amps - Was:: "Circular Polarity"

Woody wrote:

> Hi Floyd and Robert:
>
> Thanks for the "heads-up" on the "Pod" amps at Http://www.afstar.com  I have
> ordered two of them and will test them to determine if they are linear or
> class C.  I'll post the results on the AMSAT BBS.  It will be approx. two
> weeks before I will be able to test them.

Well for what its worth , I checked up on the domain and this is what I get :

[dcole@box3 dcole]$ whois afstar.com
[whois.networksolutions.com]
The Data in Network Solutions' WHOIS database is provided by Network
Solutions for information purposes, and to assist persons in obtaining
information about or related to a domain name registration record.
Network Solutions does not guarantee its accuracy.  By submitting a
WHOIS query, you agree that you will use this Data only for lawful
purposes and that, under no circumstances will you use this Data to:
(1) allow, enable, or otherwise support the transmission of mass
unsolicited, commercial advertising or solicitations via e-mail
(spam); or  (2) enable high volume, automated, electronic processes
that apply to Network Solutions (or its systems).  Network Solutions
reserves the right to modify these terms at any time.  By submitting
this query, you agree to abide by this policy.

Registrant:
Satellite Broadcasting Company (AFSTAR-DOM)
   644 Shore Drive
   Boynton Beach, FL 33435-2850

   Domain Name: AFSTAR.COM

   Administrative Contact:
      Sheehan, Susan  (SS4333)  ssheehan@CAPECOD.NET
      1 Yarmouth Road
      Sandwich, MA 02563
      (508) 833-2616
   Technical Contact:
      Holt, David  (DH1381)  davidholt@DAVIDHOLT.COM
      H&P Partnership
      405 sylvan terrace
      hopkinsville, KY 42240
      502-889-9244
   Billing Contact:
      Novak, Joe  (JN2706)  webmaster@AFSTAR.COM
      Satellite Broadcasting Company
      644 Shore Drive
      Boynton Beach,, FL 33435-2850
      561-731-0056

   Record last updated on 12-Mar-1999.
   Record expires on 28-Dec-2000.
   Record created on 27-Dec-1997.
   Database last updated on 31-Dec-2000 20:07:21 EST.

   Domain servers in listed order:

   NS1.COBALTSERVERS.NET        216.28.70.3
   NS2.COBALTSERVERS.NET        216.28.70.4

So I guess they are sorta what they say they are , sounds like something to play
with and make work :)

--
Douglas Cole   N7BFS
AMSAT#26182 , K2 # 544