Re: Fw: Specification sheets

I bet a lot of these convertors (the Drake one for sure) use a PLL circuit
for the local oscillator, which would certainly have more phase noise than a
straight crystal oscillator/multiplier circuit.  Certainly when you are
demodulating a ~6MHz TV signal as opposed to a 3KHz SSB voice signal,
the phase noise is less critical!

Doug
NA1DB