Re: CP v Linear polarisation

Hi Dave, Steven .... list,

<snip>
There were various results at various AZ/EL's, but the biggest differences
occurred at low EL's.  I certainly have no way to measure absolutes, but
RHCP prevailed 90% of the time.  LHCP, at times, would pull out signals no
longer readable with RHCP and/or ALL degrees of linear.
<snip>

Amen, I perhaps should also have included in my last post that if you have
CP but not the ability to switch then it seems to be fairly widely accepted
that it's best to wire for RHCP and leave it. It wasn't until the advent of
the 38k4 digital LEO birds that the efficiency advantages of switching
became so very apparent at this QTH.

Regards to all,

Bill Magnusson ... vk3jt
Milawa